Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Shell

 Click to enlarge!  
Shell sketch
© NF PhotoArt 160925, 160919
   CS5, WACOM

This is a flat shell I had for many years. Picked it up on a shore in New Zealand. I took a shot and actually calculated the form to get used to the WACOM. Then I added the different, colored curves and a layer with the shell coloring.

I am a bit frustrated as most pencils tend to be thinner then it looks on the screen. Maybe my image is too large. Have to try a smaller size. I obviously can´t paint sand so I kept that visible in the image. Just added a texture on it.

Linking up with Sunday Sketches   sARTurday
Labels:  , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 comments:

  1. How cool is this idea and lovely you found the shell in New Zealand were I live. I love shells too and collect them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I like the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tablets are great, but you are right, there is so much to learn when you start out, not nearly as easy as just grabbing a pencil and drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see you are still working with your Wacom. Have you gotten used to it by now? You know how much I love mine...
    Your picture is beautiful. I love the shell and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also ich kann die Farben und Konturen sehr gut erkennen.
    eine sehr ansprechende Arbeit, die mir gut gefällt.
    Ich komme zu Besuch von SaturdayArt von Claudia.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely shell, I love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely, and what a great idea! My girls have whole buckets of shells that have been collected from various beaches over the years. I never thought of painting or drawing on them. There's a rainy day activity for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like what you did... a different concept for me but very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice job :) your image prob isn't too large, might be your screen settings or the settings on the tablet and actually sometimes the only way to know how the line will look is to print it off

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're off to a good start. It's lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you like what you see.